Saturday, March 9, 2013

New BP Employee– Fun Event

The week was full of “things”, what those “things” were I can’t really say or should I say, can’t remember. I just know that the day’s flew by and it’s already time for another blog.

Monday we were treated to a pulled pork dinner that Al & Betty fixed. It was soooo good and I had to get the recipe so I can fix it for the family this summer. Al & Betty fix this for a group of friends every year and we all look forward to this.

One evening Kathy D. and I were up at the clubhouse to sell Event Tickets. With the number of residents growing having people pay at the door at these events was getting pretty stressful for the ones coordinating it. Not only did they have to find someone to take the money but also mark the names off on the signup sheet. Which was another problem as people would sign up than not show up. Having tickets sold gives them the exact count and if someone doesn’t show up they are out the money and not the event, which will hopefully help with the overage of food prepared.

Oh, I need to share the newest Border Patrol Employee who is stationed down at the River where we were a few weeks ago. As far as I know he hasn’t given out his name, maybe because he’s working under cover.

 New BP Employees

Another meeting with the Activities Team on Thursday but I think we are getting things pretty well set for next year. So we’ll hold off for awhile on having another one. Most things can be taken care of through emails.

Now tell me family, couldn’t you see yourself spending a winter  evening in a place like this.

pool

Thursday we were asked to collect money (along with Bert/Shari) at an event (our last one of collecting cash). The event was called “  The Not So Newly Wed Game”. It was a great night with lots of laughs and like I put in the newsletter some secrets shared with 90 of their closest friends.

crowd

Speaking of the newsletter, so far Kathy and I have been getting such great feedback from our neighbors and we are really enjoying doing this. Luckily we’re getting help from others so we don’t have to do all the articles. Kathy has had the challenge of trying to fit everything we have on two pages and make it look good. Sometimes I wonder how she’s going to do it but always come thru.

Guess that’s it for this week. The upcoming one is going to be a busy one so stop back next week.  Till next time………..

No comments: