Sunday, February 24, 2013

Newsletter- Gun Range–Border Patrol

Just another day in Retama

Border Patrol

Well maybe not every day but where else can you sit back and watch a TV show from your own living room. Lots of excitement early this morning with ATV’s, Mission Police and the Border Patrol cars and vans pulling into our park one after another. When it was all over they collected about 20 illegals that were hiding in a new construction home. One of our residents who seems to always have a good view has been asked to host a “Count the illegal” party with coffee and donuts on these early morning adventure’s. Of course it would be a BYOB (bring your own binoculars).

The rest of the week hasn’t been quite as exciting but non the less busy. One morning Larry and I went down to the gun range. I decided I wanted to try aiming at a target a little further away so had Larry put it at the 32ft one. Lets just say I won’t be posting that target picture. But he did get the laser fixed so now I want to get back down there and see if I can do better. They had another poker gun competition this week where you buy so many shots for $5 and all the $’s goes to things for the range.

Well I’ve gotten myself involved big time in our community. Do to changes in the Advisory Committee it was decided they needed to create a separate Activities Committee. Yup you guest it, not only am I on it but I’m the Chairperson. Luckily there are some neat ladies that I’ll be working with and we are in the process of getting things organized for the 2013/14 season before we all take off for our summers locations.

And if that’s not enough I and Kathy Detweiler got together one morning at the clubhouse to do some computer stuff. It turned into a “what if” conversation and from this we now have our very first weekly newsletter called Retama Connections.

And your wondering what Larry says about all this. Not a thing – did I mention how smart my husband is.

So that’s it for this week. Time to head over to the Puppy Park for a little while.

Till next time………………………………

No comments: