Saturday, February 2, 2013

A little slower week and pictures


As I said last week I would post a few pictures of the Walk thru the Village.
 
Here's the entrance
The cooks were ready to serve the Frito Pies 
 One of the 42 residents who opened their places
If you would like to see more pictures just click on the Album and it will go to our Snapfish account.

I thought I would slow down a little but this last week seemed to be a busy one too. At least it wasn't all Retama stuff. Tuesday I had a hair cut appointment and my friend Kathy went with me. Afterwards we did a little shopping for things she needed than had lunch at Oriental Kitchen.

Wednesday I worked on getting information from residents who were going to put their items out for the Artist Event (more on that later). Thursday morning was the weekly ladies breakfast at Diaz Diner. There was 22 of us and that place isn't very big but we had a good time and good breakfast.

After I got home Larry and I went up to the clubhouse and got the tables set up for the Wine-Cheese-Artist Event that night. I had 18 people signed up to bring their crafts up so I needed to get things arranged and names on places so they knew where to put their items.
 
Of course the reason for the Event - WINE
 Here's a sample of some of our talented residents
 If you would like to see more pictures go to this Album. Everyone had a great time admiring all the talent we have in our park and of course finishing off 58 bottles of wine didn't hurt the evening either.

Friday I met Linda at the mall and we had a nice catch up visit over coffee before making the rounds of a few stores. Linda moved away from Retama a couple of years ago and we both miss our talks so we try to connect every few weeks.

While I was out running around Larry kept himself busy with the train set and going over to the gun range.

I have one picture I have to share of Pepper. My friend Kathy took a picture of her last week. The picture had my foot in it along with the lease and other things. She has this program that she could cut Pepper out and put a totally different background behind her. Really is a neat program.
Pepper has her "Birthday Girl" button on that she wore on her special day. The ear is up because it was really windy and Kathy caught it at just the right time.

That's it for this week.  For the rest of the winter I don't plan on getting involved in events. Just sit back and enjoy ones that other people are in charge of. Of course Larry will be glad, I can never seem to get involved in something with out including him.

Till next time..............................

1 comment:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.