Saturday, July 7, 2012

Record Heat with no air, storm damage

Along with many other area's we either tied or broke records this week. The hardest day was Saturday when it reached 103 with heat index of 114.

Storms rolled through here on Thursday, while some of us got 5/10th of a inch others just a mile away got a inch. But the biggest thing was the straight line winds that took down limbs and wires. We were lucky and didn't have the damage but many people in the surrounding area have been with power for several days now.

I have a few pictures to share showing some of the damage out at the farm.

Wonder where this siding landed
Here's the bottom of the pine tree
Here's the top of the tree
Luckily with so many huge old trees all around the houses there wasn't any more damage than there was. But the family has been without power since the storm when wires were pulled down which caused outages all around them. As of tonight they still haven't gotten it back on but they do have a generator to keep the freezer/fridge running.

As I type a cold front (dropped down in the 80's) has gone thru and we are enjoying the cooler temperature. As I've mentioned we don't have air here so the last week has been spent sitting in front of fans, reading books or doing my ancestry. I've stayed away from going to places that have air, I found a long time ago that I have more problems after spending time in air conditioning than if I just put up with the heat. Most of the week hasn't been bad, we've opened the house up at night, than close it early morning. Because of not going out this week I haven't been grocery shopping or the laundry mat. With the temp's down in the 60's tonight and only low 80's tomorrow I'll hit the laundry early and grocery store after.

I mentioned last week that our daughter Brandi moved in to their new place over the weekend. Here's a picture of the house. They are all getting settled and enjoying having so much room.
I took some pictures of the flowers that we planted last fall before leaving and a few of the annuals I put out. Lots of watering this week but they seem to be doing ok.
We didn't have Darrius this week as his folks took a few days off to get settled. That's ok, grandma needed a long break after last week. But Tuesday he will be back and with cooler weather Pepper will be biting at the bit to play outside with him. And believe me Pepper needs to have some of that energy released after spending so much time in the house and it being to hot to play.

Guess that's it for this week. Till next time..............



No comments: