Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bridal Shower - Our little football player

OK, Anissa's senior prom - over/done, graduation - over/done, graduation open house - over/done, Brandi's bridal shower (today) - over/done, Me -overdone and beat.

So with that said, this is going to be a short blog. The week flew by with comparing notes with daughter Renee' on what she needed me to do at this end. She mentioned this week she was so glad she didn't try to have her wedding here in town (they live in Ohio). I think between the girls I've used up more of my cell phone minutes than I ever have.

But the shower time arrived, the room Renee' rented at Country Suites was very nice and just the right size. Family and friends arrived and enjoyed some good food, lots of laughs and may hugs.

My pictures didn't turn out very well so I'm using some that her Aunt Elaine had on FB
I won't even try to tell you some of the comments on this present.

So after clean up and loading two cars we headed over to Brandi's place to drop presents off. I'm sure tonight she is showing Darrell all the new and exciting things they have for their new home. And I'm sure Darrell is just tickled pink about all these kitchen gadgets.

The only other picture I want to share is of Darrius with his new football helmet. All last week he went every evening for try outs and on Friday they posted the boys that made it. Of course he was just beside himself, he's been wanting to be on a team that actually tackles.

From what Brandi said he hasn't taken it off since they got home from purchasing it and has spent most of the afternoon playing catch with his older brother to see how it feels to catch a ball with a helmet on.


Guess that's it for today. We have a bit of a breathing room before back to full swing of wedding items so I'm going to enjoy the next few days.

Till next time........................

No comments: