Friday, September 2, 2011

Truck update- Nasty storm - Bedroom completed

Monday
Anissa (gr-daughter) and I had our summer lunch/shopping day. We normally do this around her birthday and she picks the place but this year she wanted to go to a restaurant that was open only for dinner so we took everyone. It's starting to get late with school starting so we needed to have "our" luncheon. Her pick was Cheddar's which is a nice place and I haven't been in there for several years. Before lunch we did some school shopping supplies and I wanted to check out some mattress places.

Once we were finished I called Larry and he headed for the KenWorth place to leave the truck there for it's appointment on Tuesday.

Tuesday
More shopping for a mattress and decided on one. This should be interesting. We're going from a King size to a full size bed. Larry got a call late in the afternoon that the truck would be ready first thing Wednesday. The guy wanted to keep it and do a test drive when it's cold.

Wednesday
Headed to the KW first thing and when we got there the truck wasn't even put back together. Seems the mechanic was called off ours to do another one. OK, it would take about a hour to put it together so I took off for the house as our mattress was to be delivered today. Pictures of bedroom set is on our webshots site.

Update on truck- Over head was done and found the injectors were way off. The good thing was they didn't have to replace any injectors. The not so good thing -it didn't solve the original problem. Back to good thing - the truck is running a lot better than it was. So I guess we're at a stand still. The mechanic is at a loss of what to do, all computer printouts show every things working great. He's been in - around- under- above -the whole truck and says everything looks good. We shall see if maybe driving it will help clear things up.

Thursday
Stint (SIL) and I went out to Frandor in East Lansing to a new store called HomeGoods. OMG - ladies in Retama - we could easily spend 8 hours in this store but my SIL is not a Retama lady shopper . I'm getting her there but it will take time, I figure if we can convert Jutta (love you Jutta) to a shopper anyone can change. It has everything from furniture to place mats for a home. Lots of neat gadgets and unbelievable prices. I've been wanting to make some cafe type curtains (ok I confess Larry will be doing the sewing) for the kitchen, when we're sitting at the table I feel like we're on display. I found the perfect colors in a table cloth so I'll (he'll) cut and sew (again he) a hem and hang them from a spring rod with clip on rings. See Larry and I have a great working relationship, I find what I like and he makes it for me and I stay out of his way. It's a win win situation.

Friday.
This morning around 5:30 the weatherman's prediction of 10% chance of rain opened up and all hell broke lose. The thunder and lighting would light up the trailer and rattle the windows. The rain was coming down so hard it sounded like a giant spigot was over head and opened full blast. Than the wind hit and it really did some rocking and rolling of the trailer. And we aren't parked out in the open, we are backed up to a huge cement block granary that helped to block some of the wind plus the KW is parked beside us. I'm not sure which direction the wind was coming (trees where whipping every which way) but I'm sure glad we had some cover around us. The storm didn't last long but brother Larry had a inch in his rain gauge from it. Not to mention several area's were without power.

Our poor happy hour pear tree pretty much got stripped of the pears. We've been picking up maybe 2-3 pears a day to either eat (yummy) or toss out in the field to keep the four legged critters away. But here's a picture I took this morning.
There's still some on the tree but not many.

Of course a little stormy weather wouldn't keep Stint and I away from a garage sale that was just down the road. So about 7:30 she picked me up and off we went. Luckily for the people they had their sale in a barn. But to be honest I don't think it would of hurt the stuff even if it was left out in the rain - maybe it would of helped it. They say one persons junk is another persons treasure - finding that "treasure person" in this case could be a tuffy.

Guess that's it for this week. Till next time........................................

No comments: