Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yandee Doodle Day Parade

What is it with the weather this year. We have teaser days of sunny and warm than get dumped on with heavy rain. Yes this helps the farmers crops grow but it also helps the grass grow. Since I do the lawn, I’m starting to get tired of spending 2 1/2hrs every three days on the mower. But than it’s not like I have a busy schedule.

Saturday morning we walked downtown for the Yankee Doodle Days Parade with some of the family.
Front row - Sydney, Maggie, Darrius: Back row- Yvonne, Anissa, Dawn, Betty & Brandi.

I prefer being behind the camera but
had to share this one to show off my grandkids.
All of the parade walkers had candy
so it was a mad dash to see who could get the most.

I've downloaded more pictures of the parade on our Webshots if your interested. This is a three day event with lots of things going on for kids such as the duck race and the adults get the beer tent. After the walk home we had some sloppy joes and the little kids went swimming.

Brandi (daughter) got in a fight with a rather large object in the middle of the road Saturday afternoon and the object won. After talking with our nephew Brian who runs his own auto business and he gave us some over the phone estimates we decided the vehicle wasn't worth it. So good old dad helped her find a different vehicle this week.

Tuesday I met up with my old boss Dale Simmon who I worked with for almost 20 years and we had a nice long coffee catch up time.

Another cluster of storms went through on Wednesday. Luckily the worse of them were south of us. As I said earlier we've really had some nasty ones that usually don't come until mid summer when it's hot and humid.

Today was the Little Dude Day. Every Thursday Darrius will be coming to spend the day with us. Since we had to go to the bank we stayed in Lansing and had breakfast at Micky D's than got a few groceries at Walmart before heading back home. About four miles from Lansing we remembered the bank trip so had to do a quick turn around.

Here's Darrius with his favorite movie and new toy.
We love having him with us but sure are tired when he leaves. Haven't been able to spend much time with Anissa our grand-daughter. She just got out of school last Friday than went out to MSU for a four day thing, plus she wants to find a job. So I think we'll have to make a appointment to see her. The busy life of a almost 16yr old.

That's it for now. I know I haven't done a Welcome to new hits in awhile and when I went to look at the Stat's I saw there are a ton of new ones. So here's a few: Welcome Godwin NC - College Station TX - Glendive MT - Omemee, Alberta, London Canada - Modesto CA, Pittsbugh PA, Ok- there's too many so just going to say Welcome to everyone who's visited our site and hope you return. Till next time...................................................





No comments: