Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yes we’re still around

I just realized when I went to do this blog that I never did one last weekend and I’m late on this one.  It just seems like I’ve got so many things in the fire that I don’t have time to do it all.

Just a quick run through of what’s been going on. Of course I have the Newsletter every week and that takes a good part of my time even with having some  people helping with some articles. 

I’m also the chairperson of the activities committee and wow that has turned into a full time job. I told the committee members several weeks ago I was stepping down at the end of this season so they will need to find a replacement.

I’ve also been asked to coordinate the Walk Through the Village Event that we did last year. I wasn’t going to do it again, but felt bad that these are new people who have never done this before. Of course that’s coming up on the 27th of January.

So don’t be surprised if you don’t see my blog every week. There’s not much to write about other then activity stuff and I seem to be on the computer all the time doing that.

You probably heard about the ice storm that hit parts of Michigan last weekend. Our little home didn’t have damage from down limbs and we never lost power. But other family members didn’t fair so well. Some just got power back, some are still waiting and they say it could be Saturday before all are back on.

Thought I’d share some pictures:

Above niece Tina took this, not sure where and the bottom one is the other niece Amy’s place.

Our little water tower in town

And here is our grandson Darrius. What is a 9 year old to do when there is no power for his TV,Play Station 3 and too icy to go outside and shoot baskets.

Since it’s Christmas Eve I will send my Merry Christmas Wishes out to you now. Hope all of you have a wonderful day with your family or friends.

No comments: