Friday, November 22, 2013

New Purchases and a vacation

They say everything is bigger in Texas.  Can you see the Walking Stick that came to visit.

001

The week has been full of meetings, activities, and the newsletter. There’s been times I wasn’t sure which thing I was working on. Good thing I have Kathy to proof read the newsletter or there might be activity minutes in it.

We’ve had to extend our paper to three pages as I kept adding things and just couldn’t fit everything on two. Again, I forgot to ask Kathy if I can attach it to this blog.

The weather was forecast to have a horrible drop in temperature and today we had it (Friday). By 3pm we were at 89 degrees, by 3:20 we were at 60 and kept going down. They say tonight it will be down to 41 and our high all weekend is 49.

I’ve wanted to get one of those electric fireplaces for the trailer. The furnace in the living area is loud and you are either hot or cold. So today when we were out we came across one that I liked. Larry’s going to mount this under the TV but for now it’s on the stand. 013

Another thing we had to do this week was order a refrigerator. The one in the trailer has quit then started again several times. Luckily I have another one out in the shed when this happens but when we were in Lowes they had a sale on counter mount ones. I mentioned I never liked the furnace so Larry is taking that out so the fridge will sit on the floor. 

One of the things I miss the most if the water and ice so glad we’ll have that again. Larry will have to do some carpentry stuff with having to take the furnace out, that currently sits under the fridge. If he didn’t I would need a footstool to reach the top shelf.

I’m so excited. This Thursday morning while everyone else might be fixing a bird we will be driving to San Antonio. My sister Nadene is flying in from Michigan and my niece/nephew Marcey/Phil (Nadenes kids) are flying in from Albq. We are going to spend Thanksgiving weekend on the River Walk. Marcey found us a place to have a turkey dinner that night with all the fixings. Then Friday night is the official Christmas Parade on the River and I was able to get us some front row seats. Here’s a picture I found to give you an idea but next week I should have my own pictures.

Speaking of next week the blog will be late, probably won’t post until the first of the week.

Till next time………………………

No comments: