Friday, November 8, 2013

A Baked Potato, Newsletter, Texas Residents

We finally got over to Excalibur Bar last weekend.It has the best Margarita’s and loaded bake potato’s around. We normally only go there early in the fall and late in the spring as they have entertainment every night which is loud plus your allowed to smoke there. Yes there are States that aren’t smoke free. Although I did see a sign that said “Smoking at the Bar only” which is less than 20 ft. from the farthest table. But at least they are trying. This is the “Small” order, have never been brave enough to try the “Large”. We both get two meals out of this.

20131101_165845

We got a sample of winter here Saturday night. OK, maybe it’s not the “real” winter but after having heat index’s in the upper 90’s for almost a week and lows around 80, getting up to 53 degrees felt like winter to us.

Kathy and I got the first addition of the season’s newsletter Retama Connections out last Sunday. It’s just a short two pager of things happening around here. I’ve re-read it several times and just not happy with it, so I’ve come up with some new idea’s that I want to try. It just seemed a little boring. If I can figure out how to attach it to this blog I might start doing that so you can read it. Guess I need to ask my computer guru Kathy – she knows how to do everything.

One of our residents here took this picture on Sunday morning. No these aren’t Texas Cowboys, it’s actually our Border Patrol Agents. They were out looking for some uninvited visitors early Sunday morning in our park.  But this is just a awesome picture that I wanted to share.

Sunrise in Retama with Border Patrol

Here’s a picture that daughter Renee’ took in their back yard of the white deer.

Renees visitor

We’ll we are officially Texans now. Wednesday we went and got our drivers license and I think we’ve notified all the places we need to with our Texas address.

So I took my sister Nadene’s advice when I told her I was thinking about not doing the blog and started writing things during during the week and not wait until the weekend. I’d sit down on and could never remember what we did that week. Now by doing this I may be making it too long.

That’s it for this week. Till next time………………..

No comments: