Saturday, October 5, 2013

Friends+Snow=Yuk, Fall has started

Not a lot to write about this weekend. The pass week has been mostly doing things to get ready to leave on the 12th. We finished putting lawn furniture away so my cute little porch looks so lonely and sad. But I already have ideas of things to do next spring to the front yard and around the porch. But that’s next spring, guess I need to concentrate on what I want to do for flowers down on the lot in Texas. Which I do have ideas for there too and I’m sure I’ll post pictures when it’s done. We also got the plants cut down and Larry lowered the deck on lawn mower and cut the yard. One more time towards the end of the week should do it.

The trees have really started turning here and within a few weeks we should have full color. A storm went through last night and the rain brought lots of leaves down but there’s still tons left. Hopefully when we drive through the U.P. we’ll see some of that gorgeous color they always talk about 

We went for a ride after dinner one night to see who was in the fields working. I guess even though we haven’t had the farm in many years you never really leave it. Lots of farmers out doing soy’s and I have a picture to share that our niece took of my brother.

Havest time on the farm (Copy)

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the snow in South Dakota over the weekend. We have a couple of friends there so thought I’d share a picture of what they are enjoying (or not)

This is Donna & Grant’s taken from their 5th wheel. They did a work camping job this summer near Rapid City S.D. They are going back there next summer again, wondering if they are having second thoughts.

photo (4)

This is of Pat & Mikes place which is just south of Custer. You can see the rigs in the background which should be on their way too AZ to their winter home. Guess that won’t happen for a few days.

Custer

One of the things we did was go to a Estate Sale this week. This one was something else, to give you a visual think of the show “The Pickers”. If you’ve ever seen that you’ll know what I’m talking about. They say the house has been in the family since 1896 and I don’t think a piece of paper has ever been tossed. The guy said they had already taken two 30 yard dumpsters out of there. But we walked out empty handed (things were priced way to high) and came home to lots of soap and water.

Today Nadene and I went to a craft sale where our SIL Diane and niece Candace had a table. I haven’t been to a craft sale here in many years as normally they don’t start until after we leave. Had a good time and we both found a few things we couldn’t live without.

Guess that’s it for this week. Have a full week coming with getting things ready to head south.

Till next time…………………………………..

No comments: