Saturday, June 29, 2013

Track Met & Garage Sale

In last weeks blog I mentioned how having one scheduled event during the week just throws the whole week off for us retired folks. My niece Amy told me she got a big laugh from it and I should see her schedule. She has four girls that are involved in so many sports that Amy and Greg have been known to pass each other on the road heading for the next event or meeting in a parking lot and switching girls. Yes I prefer retirement schedules.

Speaking of sports our Darrius is getting right into these track mets. Last Wednesday they put him in with the 9/10 yr olds (he’ll be 9 in Sept) and he did very well (even tho he didn’t think so). Today (Saturday) they are down in Ann Arbor to a met and he came in 7th over all for the 9 yr olds so they will be going back tomorrow for round two.

I have a picture of Darrius and Pepper. There’s nothing like a fort in the living room and having your best friend share it with you.

005

Friday was our family/friends garage sale here at our place. This is the second year and I’m thinking this may be a annual event after the turn out we had.

Here’s the guys putting up the 10x26 tent across our front yard.

003

Forgot to get a picture of it all up and during the garage sale I only had time to grab the camera once. We weren’t officially opened yet in this one. Actually I think we still had another hour before we were.

001

But the people started coming and soon our whole street was nothing but cars. Thankfully we had lots of help with Nadene, Stint, Larry M & Larry B to drag things out and set things up then Margo, Amy, Greg came shortly after. I wish I’d gotten more pictures but maybe next year. Once all was done we ended up with a grand total of almost $900. As for myself I ended up in the hole as I found things I couldn’t resist.

One of the things I got was a free standing fireplace. My plan was to take it back to Texas and have Larry build it in to the entertainment center. But after placing it in the living room here it just may stay in Michigan.

003

After all it’s cold here too. One of the best things about this sale was several old friends showed up that I haven’t seen in years and even a relative. Plus I got to meet several of my neighbors. Pretty cool.

The one that really enjoyed that day was Pepper. She was in seventh heaven with all the people that would come up to the porch and talk with her. (She wasn’t allowed to leave the porch just incase someone was nervous around dogs. It took a couple of time outs in the house before she got the message she had to stay on the porch but she did good.

So that’s it for this week. Heading to Renee’ and Brian’s this week for a few days. Renee’ has a couple of honey do’s/daddy do’s jobs on her list at the new house and we haven’t seen the inside of it yet. So I’m excited.

Till next time………………… 

 

No comments: