Monday, June 10, 2013

Porch Pictures–Trip to Old Town

Sorry folks but there’s just not much to talk about this week. Basically all we’ve done is work on the porch. The siding for the ends came in so we got that put up. Got the ceiling panels painted and what a hassle that was. I hate using oil base paint, it takes so long to dry. After three days we said the heck with it and got the 4x8 sheets of ceiling up. One thing I found out is I just don’t have the strength in my arms like I use to and thank goodness for our neighbor Fred saw me struggling and came over. So except for the posts, which we’re still trying to figure out what we want to do with them, the porch is finished.

The neighbor was going to dig up some Hosta plants so decided for the time these would work good along the front. So since there isn’t much to talk about I’ll share pictures.

003

006

 

005

We didn’t totally work on the porch all week even though it felt like it. There were trips to Menards and Lowe for the materials needed for the porch. Exciting ha.

Larry did work on the basement and put studs up for the wall at the bottom of the steps. Also I wanted something on the floor there that I could sweep with a broom so we ended up just getting some wood snap together flooring. When he gets the walls up I’ll need to paint those and do something with the steps so they look better. Pictures later on that.

Nadene and I have been wanting to go to Old Town and see what was there. It’s a area along the Grand River in the north part of Lansing that has been brought back to life with quaint shops, condo’s, restaurants and even a general store where you can buy a little bit of everything. I found this picture on line of it to give you a idea of what it’s like. 

oldtown_image[1]

Here’s one of the condo’s

We had a nice afternoon of just walking around and going into the Artist Shops and Antique places.

So that’s it for what we did last week. Not much exciting. I just wonder what we’ll do with ourselves once all these projects are completed. Maybe just sit on our new porch with a glass of wine and watch the world go by.

Till next time………………………….

No comments: