Saturday, April 27, 2013

Soccer Game–Warm Weather

Now this is one of the reasons I wanted to come back to Michigan. The day started out a little cool (can’t believe I’m saying 45 degrees is cool) but it started warming up quickly with the clear skies and know wind. The trees are starting to bud out, tulips are opening up and I love the smell of a clean fresh mowed lawn.

Our grandson had a soccer game this morning (Saturday) so off we went. Boy what a difference in the way Darrius and his teammates play. In the years pass it was like watching a swarm of bees gathering around this round hive, everyone wanted to be near it but didn’t want to get kicked in the shins. Today they all pretty much stayed in their position they were supposed to be in with only a few times of swarming. But I have to brag as every Grandma has a right to do and tell you our boy made four of the seven goals to help win the game 7-1.

Here’s our proud guyphoto

Last weekend I was reading my favorite flyer – Menards Advertising Sale – and saw the washer that we purchased was on sale for $100. So I took my sales receipt in and they gave us a in store credit. Course it still cost us $350 to get out of there. Must keep those employees payroll filled.

Not a lot happened during the week as most of the time it was either raining or snowing. Each afternoon I’d find something to bake or a new recipe to try. But that type of eating needs to stop.

So with the weather breaking we spent most of the afternoon working in the yard. Of course we also had to have a happy hour which feels like it’s been ages since we’ve had one. But Pepper sure remembered it, all I did was asked Larry if he wanted to have a Happy Hour and Pepper was right there with her toy and ready to go outside.

I have one last picture to share. Here’s Pepper doing guard duty to make sure all those puppy squirrels don’t come in her yard.

Squirrel Patrol Duty

Till next time……………………………..

No comments: