Sunday, September 2, 2012

Flowers - grandson - barns

Finally the construction is almost completed and they opened the main street going into town, which I have mentioned is a half a block from us. Now maybe I can get the windows washed and some of this grind off. Dust and dirt have been bad all summer and of course we've had to have all the windows up.

I took a couple of pictures of the front/side of the house showing my flowers. They are starting to die out a little so thought I'd better get some quick.


The weeks are just flying by and only two left before the wedding. Things are going good except for one panic attack by me the other day. I went to laundry mat and took my note book of all the wedding stuff to go over some things. Well the next day I went to get it and couldn't find it anyplace. Luckily someone there took it into the Quality Dairy (attached & own both) and they had it in the drawer. Talk about heart failure. Even tho Brandi has her's, mine has a mothers to do list, not to mention who's been paid and amounts still owed. Will not be taking that outside the house again.

Darrius stayed over night last night. I don't no where all the energy comes from but between him and Pepper I was ready for bed early. Pepper gets so excited when Darrius comes over and they are just about inseparable the whole time. This morning they were curled up together, both sound asleep, so I have a feeling it was a late night of watching TV together. At least after Darrius left this afternoon there was one tired puppy and peace and quiet around here (for about a hour).

I need to start finding a route back to Texas by way of heading north. The plan is to go thru the Upper Peninsula along Route 2 and down to Door County to see our good friends Gary and Marilynn who have a lot next to us in Texas. Can't wait to see them. Than we will head to Brooklyn Iowa to stop and see Larry and LaVila. They too have a lot down in Texas in another park but we first met them out in the desert in Quartzite AZ. Another couple we can't wait to see. After that, it's up in the air. It's a little different traveling with a pet and having to find a motel that allows them. Plus some charge a fee and could be as much as $25 a night. I have a couple of web sites that will help us find them on our route.

Still no takers on the sale of the Kenworth. We found a website for horse owners so we listed the ad on there. Have had several calls but they all seem to be over a thousand miles away. Last time I looked we had over ten thousand hits on the web shot photo's. Larry said he is about ready to "raise" the price. It seems when ever his father couldn't get something to sell he would start raising the price and it always sold.

I shared a picture a few weeks ago of the roof being painted at the old farmstead that I grew up on and that my twin now owns. He had a hard time trying to decide what to do with these barns as they haven't been used for livestock since Larry and I lived out there in the 70's and had cattle and pigs. He thought about having them torn down but than decided the history of these barns and the fact there are so few of these left he hated to do that. So he found some Amish gentlemen and are having all of them resided. This picture shows you one almost completed and the other to be done yet.
I would of hated to see these buildings go down. Not only did I and my siblings spend time wandering these barns but so did our kids and grand kids. Its fun to read on FB our kids and their cousins talking about the memories they have.

So guess that's it for this week. Till next week.......................

No comments: