Saturday, May 12, 2012

A new baby - Basketball Game - Laser Surgery

Another week already. Well not a full week since I'm actually getting this done early. Why you ask, simple, we're having a good old Michigan Thunderstorm and the best thing to do when it's raining this hard is stay put and enjoy the sounds. For those of you that live in your RV have you noticed when the black skies are heading your way your perception of the upcoming storm is totally different than when your in a sticks and bricks. At least it is for me. When we're down south in the 5th wheel and I see dark mean looking clouds I start to get a little nervous. Should we put the slides in, in-case the wind comes up.  I don't mind the rain or thunder but sure don't like the wind, it can really shake the trailer when it hits. Now in the house it doesn't bother me at all, maybe because the house doesn't rock and roll like the trailer and if it really gets bad there's this huge siren about two blocks from us that gets your attention real fast, plus there's a nice big basement to go to.

So now for the week. The beginning was pretty uneventful. Worked in the yard, mowing, trimming and pulling weeds from the flower beds. Larry cleaned out the gutters, which after this storm was a good thing or we probably would of had water in the basement. Larry also finished taking the tools etc out of the truck and we picked up a tool chest to help store things,  also some shelves for storage. 

One day we went to Menards and started picking some things up to put a fence around the back yard. We are putting a chain link one up, neither of us care for them but the posts and a portion of the fence is already there from the previous owners.  Seems the owners decided they wanted some of it so before they moved they took part of the fence down.  It will work for keeping the dog in and in a few years we can replace it if  we want. Besides if I plant enough shrubs I won't even see it. We have to borrow the brothers truck to get the rest. Weather looks good all next week so we should get it done.

One morning Larry got up and was having some eye problem. He said it looked like things floating around and like looking thru a screen. Friday morning he had a appointment with a Ophthalmologist here in town. They did  a exam and sent him right out to Lansing Ophthalmology Center to have laser surgery. The Dr's there found two tears and a hole in his retina. A short 15 minute surgery and it was taken care of.

Have a couple of pictures to share. We have another new baby in the family this week.

Meet our great-great nephew Brayden David Moore. 
Mom, baby and dad are all doing great and little Brayden has lots of family to meet.

Last night our grandson Darrius had his first basketball game. I've decided I like going to basketball games more than the soccer games. For this being 1st and 2nd graders it's unbelievable how good some of these kids are. 

As with all sports Darrius puts everything he has in too it.
Today was suppose to be soccer but thankfully they canceled it with the storms around. Actually the rain has stopped right now but that's fine, we weren't thrilled about standing in wet grass.

Only one other thing and than I'm done for this week. One of our dearest friends Gary Orthober had surgery yesterday as they found cancer in his lung. Marilynn said they are confident that they got it all and doesn't even look like he will have to have chemo.  I wish I had my scanner here as Marilynn sent me a picture of Gary last week giving me the biggest hug before they left Retama last month. I'd love to share it with you.  So just want to say we love you Gary and hope for a speedy recovery.

Till next time.................................

1 comment:

David, Sheila and Stella the Beagle said...

Although we downsized from 55' to 28', the weather still plays a central role in all of our travels & always will! I can't outrun it any faster than I used to, in fact I seem to slow down my speedometer every year & 500 mile days have been replaced with 150-250 mile days, LOL!

David & Sheila