Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garage Windows - One last Egg party

Monday:
A quick/early trip to Menard's to picked up some more installation and two new windows for the garage. After the power wash and new garage done the two windows on the side really looked nasty. We hadn't planned on doing anything this year with the windows but everything else looked so good I just couldn't leave it for another year. Besides the Saturday before I stopped at a garage sale and they had two huge oriental grass plants for $10 each that I couldn't pass up and Larry planted them on each side of the garage windows.

Tuesday:
Larry worked on getting the windows painted in the morning and we went for our bike ride. That afternoon we took the truck in to Kenworth so they could start the next morning replacing the fuel line when the truck was cold.

Wednesday:
Finally decided it was time to try out my new oven so got the ingredients to make a pumpkin desert. But first I had to find the directions on how to use my gas oven. I'm happy to say it desert turned out good and the oven is nice and level. Since the last thing we need is a 9x13 desert sitting around we shared it with some of our family here.

Received a call from the Kenworth place that there was a little more to replacing the fuel line. In order to get to it they had to pull the heater box off and dismantle the air intake. K aching K aching

Thursday:
Went to pick the truck up and as Larry figured the original problem is still a problem. Since the guy that's been working on it was going to be on vacation next week we made a appointment for the following Tuesday to have them redo the over head. Gee sh

It was Darrius day so we didn't do a lot that day. Of course it wouldn't be a Thursday without hitting a garage sale. Remember the little red wagons we all use to have when we were little. Well I found one that was in really great shape. Had to pull it up and down the street a few times to make sure it worked good. The inside needs a little scraping and a new coat of paint but for $1.00 I can paint it. It will come in handy next year when we start doing some landscaping. Darrius made good use of it by using it to haul a bail of water to do my plants.

I finished scraping the paint off the garage windows and Larry installed them. Oh soooo much better. Have a couple of things I want to do before I share a before/after picture with you. So maybe next week.

Friday:
Pretty much stayed at the trailer that day. I've been wanting to start sorting things out and leave the things we won't be using down south. Got the extra sheets etc washed and will get some of those storage bags that you vacuum the air out to put them in.

Went up to Swedes for dinner with Larry and Stint. The guys got the fish special ($8) all you can eat with bake potato and soup/salad bar and Stint and I stayed with just the bar ($5.50). As I've mentioned before this place isn't much to look at, 2nd generation owner but it has the best food you'll ever get. They also do catering and we've had Rod (owner) catered several parties for us.

Saturday:
Had to run into Staple's for some ink. Why is it when you really want to print something the cartridge runs out. Since we were there we ran into Menard's so Larry could pick up a couple of hinges for the garage windows. He wants to be able to open them when it gets warm in there.

Family wanted to have another Egg in A Bag party so we made a quick last minute decision to have it on Sunday. Needed to stop at Walmart for a few things than on to the house. While Larry did the hinges I made a quick trip to yet another garage sale that we passed. I found the cutest adult bibs that I thought the kids would really get a kick out of at the picnic. So here's a picture of the nieces with my seventy five cent each bargain.
Sunday:
The Egg party was at 11am and everyone enjoyed it. Diane made some sticky buns to go with it along with fruit, hash brown patties and bread. I think there was only around 20 of us so we did the kids first and by the time the adults eggs were done the kids were finished and out playing. Good timing on that one. Did I mention little Lucie (youngest one in the picture) will now only eat eggs when they come out of a bag.

Guess that fills you in on this week. Till next time..................

No comments: