Saturday, June 16, 2012

Open house prep, rose bush, peppers saloon trip

Lots of phone calls, emails back and forth with Brandi and trips to the stores, but I think every things ready for Anissa's Open House tomorrow. Now if the weather would cooperate. They were calling for high's in the 90's but that has been changed to the low 80's. But the bad news is the chance of rain has increased, but hopefully it will be over by party time. If not we are under the pavilion so that will help. More comments and pictures next week on the big day.

So what pictures do I have to share with you this week. Oh, I've got to show you the rose bush that friends Lon & Pat brought us last year for a house warming gift. When we left for Texas I wasn't sure if it would survive the winter but look at it now.
Looks like I need to get to the garden center and get a trellis.

Wednesday will be our weekly Darrius day's. Brandi dropped him off Tuesday evening so he could spend the night and all the next day. Darrius and Pepper had a great time racing from one end of the yard to the other, playing with the hose and when grandpa and Darrius played soft ball Pepper made a great retriever.

Unfortunately, one was ready to quit and watch TV and the other wasn't.

One day Larry and I walked down to the local library and got our card. They have a nice eBook collection that Larry can use on his Kindle. But what I was excited about is they now have access to the website Ancestry.com. Some of you know that I've been interested in our family history and use to belong to this website. But it was really getting expensive for the time that I would use it so dropped it several years ago. Soooo once this weekend is over I told Larry I'd be making the two block walk to the library and spending lots of time there.

The only other picture to share is of Pepper. We took her over to a groomer in town here for a trim. Ah I don't think the groomer and I were on the same definition of "trim". When I walked in Pepper was barking her head off (which is not like her) and one look at her and I knew she was probably giving the woman Hell.

It's taken a few days to get use to the new Pepper and I'm sure she will be cooler with the shorter hair cut but I miss my puppy face little girl.



So that's about it for this week. Till next time.....................



No comments: