Sunday, March 18, 2012

Have you missed me

So sorry it's been two weeks since the last post. I've been on the go so much and when I was home I was just too tired. Tonight seems to be the same way. March here at the park is always busy with lots of gatherings but this year seems to be worse.

I can't even remember what we did the week before last so guess I can't write about much. I do remember that we went from 90 one day to 50 the next. It was pretty cold and windy so the Pirates Party that was scheduled for last Saturday had to be changed to last Tuesday. There was two days of prep work as we were having bbq ribs, chicken, Napa Salad, a salsa type salad and key lime pies. Three very nice ladies took on the pies (18 of them) so that helped. There were 112 people at this one. I've included a couple of pictures here but the rest are on our web-shot page.
Here's Kathy, Vicki & Bonnie ready to sail the Rio Grande River
I think Sue and Lloyd missed the boat and had to settle for a golf cart.
Of course there had to be some pirate dancing

This event started at 1:00 with groups of four going around the park doing games and finding clues. Than social hour on the patio with dinner served at 6PM. It was a very long day and that night I was beat but we had a good time.

A day of rest on Wednesday than it was time to start getting things ready for the St Patricks Dinner on Saturday. Thursday was the cooking of three cases of corn beef. Long day but fairly easy. Friday while Grant sliced, Donna, Penny, Larry and I measured and weight 5oz of meat per serving and wrapped them in foil. Ended up with 120 servings. Saturday was the busy one with cleaning and prepping carrots, cabbage, onions and potatoes but with the help Donna and Grant lined up it went fast. Again I have a few pictures but go to the Webshots for more. The parade started at 1PM with social at 4PM and dinner at 5PM.

Here's our host and hostess Donna and Grant with the packages of meat.

Bill treated us all to his talents of playing the bag pipes

And even little Pepper had to get in the celebration


In between these dinners there was a ladies luncheon, ladies breakfast and trips to the dog park. Also minor things like grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning and once in a while a full nights sleep. We have a very beautiful kitchen in the clubhouse but it's also all tile and after standing on that for hours at a time my legs and feet hurt like **** during the night.

Tonight we had a brisket dinner that Al and Betty put on for about 20 of us. They are leaving soon and it's become almost a tradition to have this as a last dinner of the season with this group. Everything was so good and the brisket was so tender you could cut it with a fork.

My sister Nadene sent me a picture of our little home in Michigan with a caption of "are you getting home sick yet". I was starting to and after seeing the picture I really am.
If nothing else I need to get back so I can have a vacation

Weather here has been in the high 80's with strong winds for almost a week. Not liking it but we've had to have the air on 24/7 to keep the humidity out mostly. They say tomorrow will be the last of the high temps (93) and Tuesday down to 80. Maybe we'll be able to open the windows. Family in Michigan (along with other States) have been enjoying summer like days there. They can brag all they like but I know there's still at least one major snow storm that will come before long.

Time to call it a night. Till next time....................................

No comments: