Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rainbow - ice cream - more rain

I know one thing I'm sure tired of these cloudy drizzly days. Let us see SUN again. And a little more heat wouldn't hurt either. The only good thing out of this rain was this rainbow


Pretty cool ha

The week has been pretty quiet and uneventful. In fact the only thing of real interest that we did this week was a quick trip down to Mexico to pick up some med's and Larry wanted a hair cut. Had lunch there and we were home by shortly after 1pm.

This afternoon we had a ice cream social at the clubhouse. The owners of the development started furnishing Baskin Robbins ice cream once a month. Would have been nice to have a little better weather but it's free so who are we to complain. Sure was good.

The Christmas Parties for our families are this weekend back in Michigan. As Larry and I were walking one morning a couple of weeks ago we actually talked about driving home for the parties. It's amazing how ideas sound so good when your walking around in shorts or during happy hour but how bad they sound when the following day you had frost and your in heavy coats (ok maybe not Michigan heavy coats). I think we made the right decision to stay put here in Texas even tho it's only 60 degrees, it sure beats the 30's back home.

Anissa our grand-daughter had to have some minor surgery this week on her eye lid. Her mom sent me phone pictures of her in the hospital of before and after. I won't share those with you, I'm sure Anissa would just "die" if I put those out on the blog. A teenager's close up picture with no make up. I'll just say she's doing fine and only stayed home one day from school.

Well its taken me forever to write this today so I might as well give up. There's just not a lot going on here.

For everyone out there who's reading this have a safe and wonderful Christmas.

So until next time.........................................

No comments: