Sunday, November 13, 2011

New steps, Luncheon, City Market

Can you believe how fast this month is going. Turkey day is just around the corner than Christmas, New Years and than we all have to get use to writing 2012. Not sure about you but I'm just getting use to the 2011.

A few weeks ago when we were in the local HEB (like Kroger's back home) they had these mini crock pots. I've been keeping an eye out for one that has duel temps (high, low, warm). The one I have is just too big but this mini one is perfect for the two of us. So this week I've given it a work out on different recipes. What really caught my eye on this was the color.

Orange
For those of you who don't no my Michigan kitchen is done in gray's and oranges and this will fit right in. So I had to stop back this week and pick up another one to take home.

Another project completed this week was new steps for the trailer. I love them, so much easier to try and carry groceries in without having to balance on skinny steps to open the door. Of course if I'd quit trying to make only one trip and have bags hanging all over me I'd probably have an easier time but who wants to make two trips.

Here's my new steps.
We had our first community meeting this week. Interesting meeting but was a little long. These clubhouse chairs are only good for about an hour of sitting and by the time it was over everyone was ready to get out of there.

Wednesday Donna Zinnecker and I were the hostess for this months Ladies Luncheon. A new tradition was started last year on having some of the men in the village plan, shop, cook, serve and clean up on our November meeting. Our head chef was Dave McCarron and here's a picture of him with some of his helpers.
L/R Dave McCarron, Ken Adams, Mark Bruss, Richard Shong, Grant Zinnecker. Not sure where Gail Quinn was but he also helped.

So what was the menu you ask. First we were served with a Fresh Garden Salad with Italian dressing. Than came Roasted Pork Loin, Red Potato's covered in real butter with parsley and Home Made Applesauce (made from 4 different apples). Than cookies to top it off. The service was great and the food was wonderful, thanks guys. That day also went over the 1-hour chair limit after the program and visitors we had lined up but it was fun.

Here's a couple of pictures

Have to share this picture of Darrius that Brandi had on Facebook this week. Seems he felt he needed to watch TV in this for protection. Not sure what he was watching??
Today we went down to the City Market in Donna. Picked up some peppers (.50 ea), radishes (.50 huge bunch), 10lb each of oranges and grapefruit ($3 ea), and a whole fresh cut pineapple ($3). I wanted to check on the price of pecans. Not sure what it is up north but it was $4.50lb in shells and $9 lb shelled.

Since I've been working on and off all afternoon on this blog I guess it's time to close and fix dinner. Till next time........................ which seems to be on Sundays

No comments: