Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another kitchen idea - A Sundog -

What a perfect weather week (until yesterday). Low humidity, temperatures in the 80's and a slight breeze to be comfortable. We decided the weather could stay like that year round.

So what kind of week did you all have? National News is showing all the flooding and cool temperatures north of us. I'm so glad we aren't taking our normal route home this year. Actually even if we'd planned on it we probably wouldn't go that way. We read forums on several RV sites and there has been many posts from people traveling along I40, 55, 57 than up thru IL. Detours off the major highways on to two lane roads. Not a good thing with a rig like ours.

Tuesday
We made a trip to Lowes as Larry wanted to get - don't no what it's called - something to do with the irrigation system if our control quits this summer and he wants to lawn guys to put a electric in instead of battery. Course while he does that I always head over to the house dept. Much more interesting than the electrical/plumbing/tool isles. But I do need to quit doing that as I always find something I like and than change my mind on the kitchen remodeling. Which drives Larry up the wall. Anyway I found some tile I like for the back splash and I'm kind of leaning towards that and this other tile for the counter top.

Here's a picture
On the left is the tile counter top and on right is the back splash
The two squares in the center are samples of cork flooring
Here's another picture of just the two

As I keep saying "all subject to change" until I quit going to Lowes & Home Depot. Oh and I haven't even begun to shop at the local Mernards store in Lansing. For those that have never been in a Mernards store it's a combination of Lowes & Home Depot - awesome store.

Before going to Lowes we stopped at the Hardware Store to get the rest of the door/drawer handles for the kitchen cabinets. As I wrote about earlier this place has a huge selection of kitchen/bath hardware (& lights) for a fraction of the cost. The handles we picked out are sold at Lowes for $10.99 each and we paid half that amount.

On to Wednesday



We had a unbelievable site around noon that day. It's called a SunDog which is a rainbow
halo around the sun.
Can you see the rainbow colors around the edge.










Here's another one. If you want to read the
local news about it click here. I think my
pictures turned out better. Especially
since all I could do is aim and shoot the
camera and hope for the best.





Thursday
I went out to breakfast with a few of the ladies from here to a place we haven't been. It was a cute little Mexican (what else) place that two women own. I can't remember the name of it but it's just a couple of miles from here.

After I got home Larry wanted to go over to the Verizon store. He'd received a email from them for a free upgrade for the 4G air card. Glad we didn't buy one last fall for $100. After wards we went over to the mall and did a short walk about than stopped at the food court for lunch.

Friday
Pretty much a lazy day. Ended up turning my air conditioner back on with the return of the humidity and heat.

So that's about it. Oh if you didn't see it on the last post I received a comment from a couple named Bob and Vicky. Their home town of Willmar MN. was mentioned on the post. It's really neat to hear from people who belong with the town that's listed on the blog. So if anyone would like to leave a comment on who you are that would be great. I'm sure my readers would be interested. Oh FYI all comments left go to my email and I have to OK it. So if you just want to introduce yourself and not have the comment on the blog just let me know.

Till next time.........................................


































No comments: